International Social Service (ISS)
In Partnership with the International Social Service, Mercy Hands will provide various type of help to children and families. Among the services provided, we can find:
• Provide psychosocial and legal assistance as well as counselling and support to families who are in distress.
• Offer relevant training to all stakeholders (e.g. government officers, judiciary, lawyers and social workers) involved in the protection of children deprived of families, alternative care and inter country adoption.
• Promote the respect of the fundamental right of each child to grow up in a proper family through advocacy and research.
• Analyse the laws in the field of protection of children deprived of families and promote good practices.
• Suggest family mediation in case of divorce and child abduction across borders, preserving the best interest of the child.
• Evaluate the child protection frameworks with national authorities and propose recommendations for their improvement.
• Uniting families across borders